Crooked Teeth - Common Problems We Solve
Each patient is different and requires a unique treatment to achieve a great smile, but malocclusions fall into a number of common categories.
Common Orthodontic Problems & Solutions
At Braces By Garcia, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful, healthy smile they feel proud to call their own. Unfortunately, most people will face some form of orthodontic problem in their lifetime. As a leading orthodontist serving the Menifee, Orange and Temecula areas, we offer a diverse range of treatment options that can correct virtually any orthodontic problem.
Are Misaligned Teeth a Problem?
All too often, parents wait to take their child to the orthodontist because they think that a bad bite is purely a cosmetic issue or that their child will simply “grow out of it.” Unfortunately, however, neither of these are true! Bad bites, or orthodontic malocclusions, can impair proper oral development. Left untreated, orthodontic problems can cause issues with speech, chewing, sleeping, and even breathing, and misaligned teeth can exacerbate cavity-causing dental decay. That’s why orthodontic treatment is vital for most children.
Common Orthodontic Problems
Each patient is different and requires a unique treatment to achieve a great smile, but malocclusions fall into a number of common categories. The most common orthodontic problems include:
- Spacing – When teeth are too far apart, sometimes caused by a missing tooth
- Overbite – When the upper front teeth extend over the lower teeth. This can cause the lower teeth to bite the roof of the mouth
- Underbite – When the lower front teeth extend past the upper front teeth.
- Crossbite – When the upper front teeth sit just inside the lower row of teeth. Crossbite malocclusions can lead to misaligned jaw growth and tooth stratification
- Crowding – When teeth have insufficient room for eruption from the gum line. Orthodontic treatment can frequently correct this without the removal of any teeth.
- Midlines – This occurs when the back bite does not align appropriately. Correcting this will help ensure healthy jaw development and dental function.
- Overjet – When the upper teeth are angled or stick out too far forward from the lower teeth. A frequent dental injury can occur by breaking or chipping the front teeth with this type of malalignment.
Your First Visit: What To Expect
Your Custom Treatment Plan
No two patients are the same. That’s why we offer completely customized treatment for each patient to ensure you reach your full smile potential! Your first visit to our office is aimed at getting an understanding of your oral health and teeth positioning. We will review your medical history and conduct a thorough exam, with X-Rays, to get a comprehensive look at your mouth. This information helps us design your customized treatment plan.
Braces/Aligners Just For You
Maximize the efficiency of your first visit and results by beginning your customized treatment plan right away! If you are a good candidate for braces, our team can help you get started right away with our Same-Day braces program! Not only do we save our patients money, we save you time!
Your New Smile
The people who come to us for treatment are more than just names on a chart – they are family. We love creating trusting and lasting relationships with our patients and their families while creating the smile of their dreams.
Start Treatment the Same Day!
Ready to get your beautiful, new smile?
While other practices can take multiple visits before braces are put on, when you chose Same-Day Braces at your free consultation, you can get them on and be on your way to a better smile!
Answers To Your FAQs From Dr. Garcia
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends you should schedule your child’s first appointment by age 7. Orthodontic treatment and a child’s growth can complement each other. By timing orthodontic treatment to predictable stages of dental development, the orthodontist may be able to take advantage of your child’s growth and development.
Some problems that can be treated quite well in a growing child may require corrective surgery or permanent teeth to be extracted if treated after growth has occurred.
You can make an appointment with Braces By Garcia any time to discuss your orthodontic needs. You do not need a referral.
This doesn’t mean your dentist is not an important part of your care. He or she definitely is. It is important to continue to see your dentist throughout your orthodontic care.
With or without a referral, you should bring your child for an orthodontic consultation by age 7, as the American Association of Orthodontists recommends.
The orthodontist and the team at Braces By Garcia will thoroughly explain your options to you after your initial exam, and will recommend the best course of treatment. You’ll learn the answers to five important questions during your consultation appointment, including:
- Is there an orthodontic issue, and if so, what is it?
- What treatment is needed to correct the problem? Can braces and/or Invisalign correct the problem?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
We can only determine treatment costs after your initial consultation is completed, as each patient’s case is unique. You can learn more about our Financing & Insurance policies on our website, or speak to one of our staff members at the office. We’ll review your financing options with you, and will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits.
Adult orthodontics is becoming more common, as orthodontic treatment helps increase overall happiness level, health, and self-esteem. It’s never too late for a beautiful smile!
What are you waiting for?
Feel Confident in Your New Smile!
Whether you want to straighten your smile to help your oral hygiene or to boost your self-esteem, Dr. Garcia can help!