Expert Treatment for All Ages
Orthodontics for Kids
While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven. By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery
Early treatment allows your orthodontist to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment.
- Trouble breaking a thumb-sucking habit
- Speech impediment
- Jaws come together in an abnormal way when they bite
- Teeth do not come together or do so in an irregular manner
- Breathing issues
- Teeth protrude from the upper or lower jaw
- Problems with chewing and biting
- Early or late loss of baby teeth (they should start losing teeth at age 5 and have their adult teeth by age 13)
Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give your child a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.
Children benefit tremendously from early-phase treatment. Receiving early treatment may prevent the removal of permanent teeth later in life, or the need for surgical procedures to realign the jaws.
The goal of Phase One treatment is to help the jaw develop in a way that will accommodate all of the permanent teeth and improve the way the upper and lower jaws fit together. Children often exhibit early signs of jaw problems as they grow and develop. An upper jaw that is growing too much or is too narrow can be recognized at an early age. If children over the age of six are found to have this jaw discrepancy, they are candidates for early orthodontic treatment. Also, if children around the age of eight have crowded front teeth, early treatment can prevent the need to extract permanent teeth later.
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types and styles, to choose from. Some common options include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Self-Ligating metal braces
- Clear braces
- Invisalign® Teen
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on two key factors:
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently. While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Bummed out about having braces? Invisalign Teen aligners give you a whole new way to wear braces for a “clearly” amazing smile!
The team has a game this Friday night, homecoming is in a month, and what about my yearbook pictures?! Don’t stress; during your Invisalign Teen treatment you won’t need to turn down any dates, wear a paper bag over your head, or hide out in your room for two years! Invisalign Teen aligners are a perfect fit for your lifestyle, because aligners are:
- Super comfortable
- Customized just for you
Treatments for Teens
At Braces By Garcia we know how important it is to have a smile you’re proud of! We love seeing the confidence of our teen patients grow with each visit to our office. Ready to get started on your new smile?
There are several orthodontic treatment options for teens just like you!
Orthodontics for Adults
Think you’re too “old” for orthodontic treatment? THINK AGAIN! It’s never too late to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Orthodontic technology has advanced tremendously over the years giving our adult orthodontic patients more flexibility and options when it comes to straightening their smiles. Whether you want to straighten your smile to help your oral hygiene or to boost your self-esteem, Dr. Garcia can help!
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Clear braces
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones.
Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease)
- Worn or missing teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
Our practice recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Metal and Ceramic Braces
- With baby teeth: 6-18 months
- If all permanent teeth: 12-24 months
- Basic cases: 6 – 9 months
- Moderate movement: 12 – 15 months
- Complex or extraction cases: 15-24 months
How it Works
1. Getting to Know You
No two patients are the same. Your first visit to our office is aimed at getting an understanding of your oral health and teeth positioning. We will review your medical history and conduct a thorough exam, with X-Rays, to get a comprehensive look at your mouth.
2. Custom Treatment Plan
We create completely customized treatment for each patient to ensure you reach your full smile potential! If you are a good candidate for braces, our team can help you get started with our Same-Day braces program! Not only do we save our patients money, we save you time!
3. Your New Smile
The people who come to us for treatment are more than just names on a chart – they are family. We love creating trusting and lasting relationships with our patients and their families while creating the smile of their dreams.
Our Patients Love Us
What are you waiting for?
Feel Confident in Your New Smile!
Whether you want to straighten your smile to help your oral hygiene or to boost your self-esteem, Dr. Garcia can help!